Breast Procedures - Breast Revision Surgery
For a woman who has already undergone a previous breast augmentation and is dissatisfied with her results, a Breast Revision can be performed. Some of the main reasons a woman undergoes Breast Revision include:
- Capsular Contracture (A tightening of the scar or capsule surrounding the implant resulting in an unnatural breast shape)
- Rippling and/or Visibility of the Implant
- Implant Rupture, Deflation and/or Leakage
- Positional Shifting of One or Both Implants.
- Synmastia (The two breast implants forming together to produce one breast)
- Excessive Firmness and/or Wrinkling of the Implant
- Improper Implant Size
- Asymmetry or Unanticipated Shape
- Enlarged, Asymmetric or Retracted Nipples
A Breast Revision, also known as a revision mammaplasty, combines various techniques to correct unsatisfactory breast augmentation results and can include changing the implant size or position, capsulectomy or capsulotomy (removing the scar tissue), internal suturing, performing a mastopexy (breast lift), or using a different style of implant such as a cohesive silicone gel implant. In some cases, the position of the implant may be changed from over to under the pectoral muscle, or vice versa. The final result is a more satisfying, symmetrical breast appearance.
Because Breast Revision surgery can be far more complex than an initial breast augmentation, it is important to choose a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon with significant experience in this area. Dr. Daniel Golshani offers Breast Revision in beverly hills and has extensive experience in Breast Revision and will work with each patient to address their specific needs and create an individualized, unique treatment plan to achieve success.