As the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in the country, Liposuction can slim and reshape specific areas of the body that are resistant to diet and exercise. Liposuction allows Dr. Golshani to remove pockets of fat, while creating a flattering contour. Our Los Angeles liposuction patients say this procedure helped them achieve a body shape they could not get with lifestyle changes alone.
It can be frustrating to find that despite your best efforts at eating well and exercising, you have stubborn areas with excess fatty deposits. This is when liposuction becomes a good solution for many people. If you struggle with fat in your abdomen, back, hips, arms, knees, thighs, buttocks, or any other area of your body, ask us if liposuction is a potential treatment for you. Although you may picture “old school” liposuction as an aggressive and extreme procedure, today’s technology allows Dr. Golshani to use gentle liposuction techniques in his Beverly Hills office. These techniques result in more refined contours with less bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
Benefits of Liposuction with Dr. Golshani:
- Dramatically increased motivation to maintain results & stay healthy and fit
- Decreased back pain
- Targeted weight loss & enhanced contours
- Improved posture
- Significant boost in self-image & confidence
- Positive personal transformation
- The expertise of a highly experienced, double board-certified surgeon
Best Candidates for Liposuction
Liposuction is an amazing treatment option, but it is not right for everyone. If you are seeking overall weight loss, liposuction is likely not the best option for you. Additionally, if your biggest complaint is loose skin, this generally does not make you a good liposuction candidate. Instead, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the best candidates for liposuction are:
- Adults who are within 30% of their ideal weight
- Those with good skin elasticity and good muscle tone
- Non-smokers in good overall health
- People with realistic expectations for the goals they’d like to achieve, and a positive outlook
Liposuction May Treat Specific Conditions
Liposuction may be a successful treatment option for the following conditions:
- Lymphedema - a chronic condition in which excess lymph fluid collects your tissue causing edema, or swelling. This swelling is commonly seen in the arms or legs. Liposuction is sometimes used to reduce swelling, discomfort, and pain.
- Gynecomastia - a condition where males have fatty tissue in the breast area
- Lipodystrophy syndrome – a condition where fat is disproportionately distributed in someone’s body. Liposuction can remove fat and improve contours for a more mainstream body shape.
- Extreme weight loss after obesity – after losing a substantial amount of weight, it’s common to have either stubborn pockets of fat or excess skin to remove. While a tummy tuck is more appropriate for removing excess skin, lipo may be a good option for removing a lasting area of fat.
Beverly Hills Liposuction Before & After Photos
Many patients find that liposuction increases their self-confidence and body image. Whether you shy away from wearing certain types of clothes, or are frustrated with a stubborn pocket of fat, liposuction may be a good option for you.
What is the cost of Liposuction?
The price of liposuction depends primarily on how many areas you'd like to treat, how much fat you would like removed, and how long those areas take to work on. The best way to get a cost estimate is to set up a consultation with Dr. Golshani so that you can talk together about your goals for your improved body shape.
What are the complications & risks of Liposuction?
At our office in Los Angeles, we practice the highest standards of safety and care. While all procedures have some level of risk, Dr. Golshani’s education and training ensure you are in safe hands. The rare complications that may occur with liposuction, or any surgery, include bleeding, skin ulcers, infection, or nerve injury. Dr. Golshani and his team will go above and beyond to make sure you are safe and comfortable during and after your procedure.
What should I expect after Liposuction?
Liposuction patients generally go home the same day, and should plan to rest for a few days. In some cases, you can return to your job after 2-3 days, as long as you do not perform strenuous work. You can expect to have some swelling while you heal, but the majority of this will dissipate within 1 - 3 weeks, depending on what areas of the body you have treated. We will ask you to refrain from lifting, running, or other physically demanding tasks while you heal.
Is there any pain or discomfort with Liposuction?
The first week after liposuction you can expect to feel some discomfort. We will ask you to rest as much as you can, and to have help around the house - especially if you have young children at home. Many patients find that an over-the-counter pain reliever is sufficient in keeping them comfortable. We will give you detailed post-op instructions that will help you remain comfortable and healthy while you recover.