I am finally comfortable again in my own skin.
Dr. Golshani - Liposuction Surgeon in Beverly Hills
As the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in the country, Liposuction can slim and reshape specific areas of the body by effectively removing localized or regional excess fat deposits including cells that store fat.
Though many individuals are in great health and maintain a reasonable level of fitness, they may still have a body with disproportionate contours because of excess, localized fat deposits that do not respond to diet or exercise. These deposits of deep compartmental fat, present in areas such as the upper arms, chest, abdomen, back, buttocks, hips, thighs, knees, calves and ankles, may be a result of heredity or family traits rather than a lack of weight control or fitness.
Benefits of Liposuction in Beverly Hills with Dr. Golshani:
- Double board-certified surgeon performing the procedure with ample experience.
- Dramatically increased motivation to maintain results & stay healthy and fit
- Weight loss
- Decreased back pain
- Improved posture
- Significantly improved self-image & confidence
- Positive personal transformation
Best Candidates for Liposuction in Beverly Hills
Please understand that liposuction is not intended as a substitute for a weight-loss or exercise program, but a method of improving the contour and proportion of your body. See: Tummy Tuck in Beverly Hills.
With that said, the best candidates of liposuction in Beverly Hills are as follows (as mentioned by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons):
- Adults within 30% of their ideal weight who have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring
Does my age matter?
Age is not a major consideration; however, older patients may have diminished skin elasticity and may not achieve the same results as a younger patient with tighter skin.
Liposuction May Treat Specific Medical Conditions
Liposuction may be a successful treatment option for the following conditions:
- Lymphedema - a chronic (long-term) condition in which excess lymph (fluid) collects in tissues, causing edema (swelling). The edema commonly occurs in the arms or legs. Liposuction is sometimes used to reduce swelling, discomfort, and pain.
- Gynecomastia - sometimes fat accumulates under a man's breasts.
- Lipodystrophy syndrome – occurs when fat accumulates in one part of the body and is lost in another. Liposuction improves the patient's appearance by providing a more evenly distributed body fat distribution.
- Extreme weight loss after obesity – excess skin often occurs when an individual loses 40% or more of their BMI.
- Lipomas – also known as benign fatty tumors, which liposuction may successfully remove
Beverly Hills Liposuction Before & After Photos
Because a fit and well-proportioned body is often considered a symbol of health and attractiveness, many of Dr. Golshani's patients who have undergone Liposuction believe that this procedure significantly enhanced their self-image and confidence.
What is the Cost of Liposuction?
The cost of liposuction will depend on various factors, namely the expertise of the surgeon performing the procedure & how many areas will need to be addressed. The average fee taken from statistics by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in 2014 was $2,971. But again, this price does not reflect inflation that has occurred since 2014, as well as the surgeon’s expertise, geographic location of office, how many areas that may need to be addressed, & other factors not listed here.
What are the complications & risks of Liposuction?
Liposuction is regarded as a very safe procedure. The are rare complications that may occur with any surgery, cosmetic or not and they are: infections, bleeding, skin ulcerations, and nerve injury. However, patients of Dr. Golshani’s will be closely followed up with to ensure that their procedure has gone beyond their expectations.
What should I expect after Liposuction (post-op)?
If the procedure is performed under local anesthesia, then patients may leave the facility within as little as 30 minutes from completion. If general anesthesia is used, then patients are required to remain in the facility for 1 – 3 hours before being discharged home. Most patients can return to a desk-type job with two days after tumescent liposuction. Because of the significant decrease in swelling, inflammation and pain after tumescent liposuction, patients are able to return to normal physical activities very soon after tumescent liposuction.
Is there any pain or discomfort with Liposuction?
During the two days immediately after liposuction, the amount of pain experienced depends on the type of anesthesia used for liposuction. Soreness is usually the most intense 2 - 4 days after liposuction and then decreases steadily. The tenderness and soreness typically is quite bothersome for up to 4 weeks, but gradually subsides over the following 4 - 8 weeks.