- Suffering from “Man Boobs” for most of your life?
- Is your quality if life affected by enlarged breasts?
- Exercise & diet do not seem to improve anything?
“15 Years of suffering no more! & I owe it all to Dr. Golshani. The procedure is truly life-changing for males.”
If so, you are likely suffering from a condition known as gynecomastia, in which the breast tissue in men or boys swells due to an imbalance of estrogen & testosterone. Gynecomastia may resolve on it’s own or may be treated using medication, but most often men find trouble or difficulty finding adequate relief. It is currently estimated that enlarged breasts, or gynecomastia, at some point in their lives, will affect 40-60% of all men.
For men who feel self-conscious about their appearance or have excess chest skin due to significant weight loss, liposuction, or subcutaneous mastectomy, breast reduction can be very a appropriate surgical option.
Typically, these permanent surgical procedures involve the removal of fat and tissue from the breasts resulting in a chest that is better contoured, flatter, and firmer. Many of Dr. Golshani's patients who have undergone Gynecomastia surgery believe that this procedure significantly enhanced their self-confidence and appearance.
Why Do Men’s Breasts Enlarge (Causes of “Man Boobs”)?
There are many different reasons why enlarged breasts may occur in males:
- The production of excess estrogen resulting in enlarged breast tissue due to environmental or pullution factors.
- Your levels of testosterone have dwindled due to old age and your estrogen levels have risen too high, due to excess fat tissue.
- Certain medications may cause a enlarged breasts.
- An overactive thyroid gland can cause enlarged breasts in men.
- Liver or kidney problems may cause enlarged breasts.
- In rare cases, tumors may cause enlarged breasts.
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies or calorie malnutrition may cause enlarged breasts.
Benefits of Male Breast Reduction or “Man Boobs” Surgery
- Significantly boosts confidence & self-esteem.
- No more embarrassment taking off your shirt.
- Greatly improves posture.
- More freedom of movement & ease of physical activities.
- A more masculine figure.
Real Case of Dr. Golshani Patients
Am I a Good Candidate for Male Breast Reduction?
You might be a good candidate for male breast reduction if you are:
- Healthy and emotionally stable.
- Within your ideal body weight.
- Affected on one or both breasts.
- Over 18 years old. Teens are advised to wait until after puberty as the breasts may still be developing.
- Good skin elasticity.
Is Male Breast Reduction Covered by Insurance?
Unless you are suffering from extreme pain or a tumor is growing as a result of enlarged breasts, then chances are you will not be covered by insurance for male breast reduction. This is considered a cosmetic procedure that is most often performed as a result of psychological reasons. However, we still encourage you to check with your insurance provider or to call our office (310) 274-3481.
Cost of Male Breast Reduction in Beverly Hills?
The price of male breast reduction in Beverly Hills varies from surgeon to surgeon, but an average price to keep in mind for this surgery is currently $5,500.
Will scars be bad?
Most often the incisions heal very well and are cause for little concern.