Our eyes are one of the first things that other people notice about us. Regarded as one of our most important facial features, the eyes enable us to communicate and connect with others. Unfortunately, due to hereditary factors and signs of aging, the eyes may not be able to communicate as effectively as we mature. If your upper or lower eyelids have puffy, dropping, or excess skin that make you appear sad or tired, cosmetic eyelid surgery may be right for you.
A Blepharoplasty, or cosmetic eyelid surgery, is a surgical procedure designed to remove excess skin, tissue, and fat that contribute to puffiness and bags in both the upper and lower eyelids. More specifically, Blepharoplasty treats:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or hides the natural contour of the upper eyelid
- Excess skin that hangs down from the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Droopiness of the lower eyelids
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid