Now that the New Year (2017) is here, many people will attempt to lose weight. It’s one of the most popular “New Year’s Resolutions”, but also happens to be equally one of the most failed New Year’s Resolutions. In any event, some people will stick to their guns & end up shedding off several pounds of unwanted fat.
However, not everyone benefits from diet & exercise … or perhaps they become too impatient. For some, it may be wiser to select a form of bariatric surgery such as gastric sleeve or gastric bypass surgery. For others, they may turn to Beverly Hills plastic surgeons, such as Dr. Golshani.
When You Should Consider Plastic Surgery After Dramatic Weight Loss
- If you notice sagging skin in multiple areas including the face, neck, breasts, arms, abdomen, back & thighs.
- If you have lost a dramatic amount of weight (dramatic would be considered 40% of your BMI or more) as a result of bariatric surgery, diet & exercise.
- If your weight has stabilized following bariatric surgery (i.e. weight loss surgery), diet, or exercise, which may occur 18 months or more, following your weight loss.
Weighing the Pros & Cons
For many, a surgical option may not be in our best interest, however with amount of training, education & technology surgeons have available today most procedures are very comfortable & do not involve much pain or discomfort, as well as feature diminished post-op recovery times. Aside from this, there are considerations to be aware of.
- Say goodbye to loose skin, enabling you to fit into your clothes much easier.
- No more overhanging skin that may cause pain or discomfort for some due to chafing & rashes. Infections are also possible from overhanging skin.
- Significantly enhance your self-esteem and feel much better about your body in general.
- The results gained from surgery may not meet your expectations.
- You may have permanent scarring that may be minimized through the use of advanced surgical techniques by an experienced plastic surgeon such as Dr. Golshani.
- Your results may be affected by lifestyle choices, aging & diet choices.
Popular Procedures to Consider After Dramatic Weight Loss
Liposuction remains one of the most popular procedures to lose the unwanted sagging skin & overhanging skin, however other plastic or cosmetic procedures may benefit you greater and they are tummy tuck, breast lift, arm lift, thigh lift, breast reduction, or others. Your plastic surgeon will review all options with you in person to find out which ones are the best.
Dr. Golshani offers liposuction in Beverly Hills for patients looking to smooth or tighten sagging skin that may have resulted from dramatic weight loss either from diet & exercise or from weight loss surgery. For more information please visit our website or you may call our office @ (310) 274-3481.